Saturday, January 1, 2011

Remember my wish list?

My mama got me a Kindle for Christmas. As soon as she told me I was getting a "surprise gift" because I didn't ask for much, I suspected that she was getting me one. I'm actually still a little surprised though, because I barely said anything about it. She is a smart cookie though. I told her Ben wanted a shotgun scabbard, and she knew exactly where to find one and got him one he loves. He actually walks around the apartment with it on. It's kind of adorable. Anyway, about the Kindle...I haven't even had to buy a single book for it yet, because so many are in the public domain that I want to read, which means I can get them for F-R-E-E. Love it. I also got an ESV Bible for free! So excited about that. And it's really not expensive to buy books for it, as far as I've seen. HOWEVER, I am very surprised to find that I can't even BUY Daphne Du Maurier books for it. They just aren't available in Kindle format for some reason. So I guess I will still have to buy a paper copy of Rebecca. But I might get it from this awesome website! It's like a Half Priced Books online! And free shipping! Marvelous.

No comments:

Post a Comment