Friday, January 7, 2011

Two weeks of crazy busyness.

I'm looking forward to getting some rest this weekend, because the next few weeks will be crazy! Next week is the beginning of the college's registration madness. We are going to be prepping for all things registration. And the week after is registration and the first (partial) week of classes. I think I actually love this time in my job the most. It's busy, but enjoyable. I feel like I accomplish a lot, and I get a lot of extra hours. I will be even busier this time around because I've started my office cleaning job, and so that is thrown into the mix. AND I will be starting the third semester of Hebrew. I'm really looking forward to the next two weeks, even though I know they will probably leave me exhausted.

I'm also excited because extra hours mean some extra moolah. I have some plans for it. I want to buy the rest of my doula books, a new pair of glasses, and maybe surprise Ben with some shoes. He only really has his work boots, which aren't the most comfortable for everyday life. I want to get him some high top red Converse that can be his comfy shoes. And I want to take some of the extra money and open up a savings account. I've been excited about starting my additional job, because I think it will allow us to save a little every month, and this would be a great opportunity to get that savings fund started. Ben will be finishing school in a year and a half (I hope), and it would be great to have a little fund for whatever we end up doing afterward (like moving perhaps...). Or to have the money for doula expenses when I need it. Or for trips to see family. Or whatever, etc.

I will be a little sad for break to be over though. It means Ben and I go back to not much time for just relaxing together. It's been so nice just to spend time enjoying our weekday evenings together. We even went on a date! We may have to go on another one next week, because after that we probably won't get a chance to do that for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment