Friday, June 8, 2012

Home and job happenings.

Painting turned out to be a nightmare. We had to go get a second can of both colors, and they gave us the wrong color of both cans somehow (I know I asked for the exact same colors). Then we had a ridiculous amount of trouble getting one of the colors we needed...Anyway, we finally got it all sorted out, and finished painting. Then Ben put the floor down in one evening, and we put our futon in.

Our floor that turned out great!

The most expensive piece of furniture we've ever bought.

Towards the back, the gray that caused me so many issues.
Towards the front: Ben is measuring for his desk and our friend Caleb is hanging out on the futon.

Ben wants to get the desk built before we officially move in. I am getting excited about getting in there. I am planning where we will put our stuff, how we can maximize our space, what kinds of things I need to best organize...that is some of my favorite stuff to do.

No news on the job front I afraid. Well, no good news. I know I didn't get the job at the church which is kind of a bummer. And now, I'm not sure where to look. I don't want to just go for any office job that I find searching the internet. I'm not sure why, but I just feel weird about it. Plus, Ben doesn't necessarily like that idea either. And I don't know how profitable driving around trying to find churches and giving them my resume would be. I feel very stuck in this area of my life.
 
Ben's job is going well. He's improving and getting faster each day. He has been exhausted every day when he gets home though. Part of that is probably because it has been hard for him to get used to going to bed early enough. We try every night, but somehow we end up staying up later than we means. I'm sure will get the hang of it. Since I'm not working I get up a little before him to make him breakfast and fix his lunch. I love being able to do that for him. I hope I can continue that even when I get a job. Which I at once am dreading, and hope will be soon.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you can find a great job. It looks like you may need to branch out of the church office, but don't be discouraged by that. God is going to bless you and take care of you guys. It may be really cool for you to work outside of a strictly Christian environment and be challenged by being a light to people who need Jesus! I'm excited for where God has you guys though. The mobile home is looking great! I'm excited to see more pictures! Luff hugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep us updated. I love looking at the pictures ! You gotta do a Pinterest link for the finished product ! I was really unsure about it all but now I see it coming together !

    ReplyDelete