Wednesday, June 20, 2012

God bless our Camper.

We have officially moved into the motor home. I. Love. It. I'm a little surprised. I was hoping for the best, but I wasn't sure what to expect. It's not the easiest thing to do, and there are kinks to work out still. But it is really an enjoyable way to live so far. And the cats are enjoying it too, which is a relief.

Since the last picture update we have put up curtains, installed the cat door in the bathroom door, and Ben made our desk and put it in. Things left to do are to get the fridge working and make it so we can use the toilet (just for #1 during the night. ha.). Oh, and put our pictures on the wall.

Curtains up! At least some of them...

Home built desk!
Want to hear about something fun I did recently? My mother-in-law, two sister-in-laws and I went to this place where you spend an evening painting a picture. They provide the materials and teach you how to paint it. Of course you bring your own style, and you can add your own creative touches if you want. The night we went we painted a sailboat. I don't think mine is anything amazing, but it's pretty cute. I didn't really stray too much from the model, but my style of it came out different than the one the teacher painted. It was neat to see how each person painted the same thing, but every single person's looked different. It was definitely an enjoyable way to spend an evening, and I wouldn't mind doing it again sometime.

Me, Laura, Nichole, and Jan.
In regards to the job search, I've had an interview and some rejections. I haven't heard back from the interview. I've looked at listing after listing...and it feels like trying to wade through jello. I'm beginning to wonder if I should put time and energy into finishing up my doula training rather than focusing totally on getting a job. I still need to take a childbirth and breastfeeding class, and I need some more clients. My deadline is October. It feels like a leap. But I've been thinking a lot about jobs, what I want to do, what I don't want to do, dreams, purpose...and this could be the right thing to do at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment