Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Look at 2010

As a new year is approaching I thought I would think over what's happened in this one.

As 2010 began we were heading into the second half of our first year of marriage, and that was when we really seemed to hit our stride. We seemed to have worked out a lot of kinks and made a lot of adjustments, and from then on things just seemed to get better and better.

In February both Ben's brother's sons were born, about a day apart. We gained two adorable nephews!

That spring semester was when we started learning Hebrew, and I got to the point where I was really comfortable with my job. We also started having a Saturday morning Bible study/breakfast at our apartment.

At the beginning of summer we went to Colorado to exchange cars and visit family. We got to meet our nephews for the first time, went to a wedding, and hung out with Amos and Caleb. We exchanged the Ranger for a Saturn. It was weird going from a truck to a really small car.

Summer was HOT and HUMID. The air conditioning in the Saturn didn't work. We had our first anniversary. We ate at Thai Kitchen and went down to see the our friends at the Lake of the Ozarks. I turned 24 and got my own office at work! They surprised me with it on my birthday. I also got a raise. We went out with a lot of friends for sushi on my birthday. I loved it! Best birthday I've had in years. My mom came to visit. We had a great time while she was here. The three of us went to Hannibal. It was the first time Ben and I had gone there. We experienced a lot of Mark Twain, and got very sweaty. Mom and I went to a little tea house in southern Missouri which was really fun. It was so nice having her here. And I believe at some point over the summer was when I decided to start getting serious about working on getting my Doula certification. And Kelly and Caleb moved out of the apartment next door to Columbia.

Fall semester we started our second semester of Hebrew. Our friends Ethan and Corey moved into the apartment next to us.

In October I went to my Doula workshop. It was great. I learned a lot.

November, I got to be a doula for the first time, and fell in love with it. I can't wait until I get to do it again. I brined and cooked a turkey for Thanksgiving. I cut my hair shorter than it's been in years.

December, not much has happened except what was mentioned in the previous post.

So that's my year. I'm sure I've missed a lot. But those are the things that stand out at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment