Sunday, December 19, 2010

Going home?

Ben and I are going to Texas on Tuesday to spend Christmas with my dad. Actually, we're driving with my dad up to Oklahoma to see my grandparents and that's where we will be on Christmas. But we are going to get to spend a couple of days in Texas.

I feel excited and curious to visit Texas. I'm very excited to see some friends there. But I think it will be strange as well. It will be the first time there since my dad isn't living in the house I grew up in anymore. I keep wondering if I will run into random people from the past. Since we are only there for a few days, I've been kind of struggling with who all to tell we are coming, and who all we should try to see. Some people are a given, but others...I've been close to them in the past, but life seems to move on. It's been at least two years since I was there last. Maybe three.

It will also be strange to have Ben there with me. He's never been there, and I really do want him to see where I grew up, and at least see the house I grew up in from the outside. Not that I really think these places say much about who I am, and I have no great love for them, but they are a part of my history. I'm excited to share it with him, even though it's definitely not the part of my life I'm most fond of.

No comments:

Post a Comment