Thursday, March 7, 2013

Being Built

Our boy's name is Benaiah. It is Hebrew, and means "The Lord builds up." We had some friends have a baby recently, and they didn't officially choose her name until they saw her. After learning this, Ben(jamin) expressed concern that we would see our baby and realize that Benaiah didn't fit him. But I know the child I am carrying is Benaiah, and told him so.
Today I was thinking of the connection of his name and the circumstances surrounding my pregnancy. The Lord has been breaking me down...to build me up into what he wants me to be. All the while building this child inside of me. This boy was no accident, and neither is his name. There is a plan for him, and a plan for me and Ben. I don't know what that is. I don't even know what the next step is. But I can have hope. These painful months of being broken again and again don't lack purpose. Because God's hand has done the breaking, I know it will do the building. And there is no better craftsman.

No comments:

Post a Comment