Sunday, February 19, 2012

Feeling Good.

I have a lot of emotional ups and downs. I don't know why, but I have always been this way. Maybe everybody is. But today I am feeling good. Today is an up day for sure. Yesterday...was not. I woke up feeling miserable. I was supposed to go fill in for the person who took over my cleaning job. I really didn't want to. But I went, which felt like a pretty big victory. I ran to the store to grab some stuff for lunch, but the rest of the day I was at home, pretty much alone for the whole time. I felt terrible. I didn't want to do anything, really. And I couldn't really think of anything to do. It was a long, lonely day.

This morning I woke up knowing I needed to go do laundry. I didn't much want to, but this was the only chance I was going to get for a little while, and we really needed clothes. So I went. Another victory! Anyway, it wasn't too bad. I had decided I would go to goodwill and walmart afterward. I ended up visiting a friend at work, too. I was out of the house for around 3 hours. I realized that was the longest time I'd been out for that long other than for work in probably a couple of weeks. That is really not good for me. Of course it's hard in winter, and when there is nothing to do or no money to do anything (since we have to drive 30 minutes away for most entertainment options). And my friends are generally pretty busy in this season of their lives.

Well anyway, being out this morning gave me a real boost. Of course it helped that I found some great treasures at goodwill. I love the thrill from thrifting.

Want to see what I found?

This cool western shirt. It's a man's shirt and fits a little awkwardly, but I think I can alter it.



This pretty scarf.



This neat vintage tin.







And this really cool alphabet...thing. I got it for my friends etsy shop. So if you like it check her shop for it.

1 comment: