Thursday, January 5, 2012

Plans.

With the end of Ben's school career in sight, we began to think about our next step. We prayed about it, and we think we have been shown our path for the next season in our life. It's a bit on the strange, bizarre, crazy side.

We, and our three cats, will be living in a motorhome in Ben's parents driveway.

Why would we do this, you ask. Let me tell you some reasons.

1. We want to. It's an adventure, it sounds fun and challenging.

2. This is probably the only time in our life that it is realistic to attempt something like this. We are young, no kids, etc.

3. To pay off debt. We have student loans that we want to pay off as quickly as possible, so that I will be able to stay home with kids, at least while they are not in school. Living this way will cut down our expenses SO much, that we think we will be able to pay down a good chunk of those loans fairly quickly.

I am not going into this idealistically, I definitely know it will be difficult and probably frustrating and painful in some ways. But I think it will be good for us, and will help us accomplish our goals. So I am pretty excited about it.

4 comments:

  1. I am really excited for you ! I think it will be so fun and your going to have to blog about it !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great. We lived in one bedroom at Stephen's grandparents for a year and 4 months. Some days we would have given anything just for more independence, especially at first, but after awhile you just get used to it. Now that we have moved, I miss them so much. I am so glad that I had the opportunity to get to know them more in that way. It was kind of weird to move to Ireland and Stephen and I have our own place. We were so used to having "roommates" and being stuffed in one room that our apartment seems so empty now. Anyway, it will be nice to have a space of your own at least, that way you can invite someone over and you won't be "invading" his parent's space. I hope this adventure goes well for you and that you will look back on this time in fondness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Definitely a challenge. But if two people can, I believe it's you two, truly.

    ReplyDelete