Thursday, July 19, 2012

Soooo excited.

My grandma and my nephew had plans months ago to spend 3 weeks in Washington with my mom at the end of summer. I thought it would be fun to go when they did, but I didn't really consider it an option. We couldn't spend the money to buy a ticket, and I assumed I would probably have a job. My brother posted the other day that they had gotten on their plane to go out there.

And I started thinking...

if I could find a ticket...

why shouldn't I go? I don't have a job, and we had the money.

I found a ticket that was decently priced, and called my mom. She loved the idea of course. I had  to wait several long hours until Ben got home to talk to him about it. I was nervous he would think it was too much money or something. His only hesitation was when he thought I meant for both of us to go, since he has to work. Once he realized I meant me going without him, he took about 2 seconds to say, "Sure!" Is he great or what?

So I'm going!!!!

I will be in Washington July 28th - August 7th. I really do wish Ben was going with me. It won't be the same without him, and I KNOW I'm going to miss him terribly. This will be the longest we've been apart since we got married. But it will be so great to be with my family in the state that I love. I haven't seen my grandma in a year. I haven't seen her since my grandpa died. My nephew is the sweetest kid in the whole world and I haven't seen him in a year either. And seeing my mom twice in one year? I feel like I won the lottery.

It was such an impulsive decision, I felt nervous about it. It still doesn't feel like it could be really true!

1 comment: