Tuesday, December 6, 2011

It's definitely been a while...

And what's been happening you ask? Death, birth, and life.

My grandpa died. Ben's grandma died.

I attended two births. One I was at for 50 hours, one I was at for one hour (technically I was there longer, but I was only there an hour before the baby was born).

Ben and I are struggling to get him through this semester. He is very burnt out. I just want him to pass everything, with what doesn't matter at this point. Next semester is his last semester if all goes well, and I am SO ready. What comes next? We don't really know. Perhaps Colorado and Ben being an electrician, perhaps staying here. But I am looking forward to a new chapter.

I'm going to work more hours at my office job and I get to quit my cleaning job (hooray!).

Christmas will be in Moberly again, but we will be in Colorado for a week over New Years.

Ben is supposed to start supply preaching over Christmas break, which should be interesting. I think it will be an adventure.

Spiritually, emotionally, mentally...I don't know. In some ways I'm growing I think, but I often find myself in ruts.

Ben and I certainly have never been closer than we are now. Everything we've gone through the past six months or so have knit us much tighter. We've been lonely, we've had to grieve, we've been stressed and overwhelmed. But we have supported and loved each other through all of it. We've spent a lot of time together and have had a lot of fun with each other. He is a huge blessing in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment